Monday, February 6, 2012

Find Your Lost iPhone

I just lost my iPhone. It was somewhere in the house, and even when I rang it from my landline, it didn't ring long enough for me to locate it. It was well and truly misplaced.


Fortunately, I had installed the Find My iPhone app on it, so I was able to go to the iCloud website, and send it a message and make it play a continuous sounds until I found it. This worked, and I found it quickly.


The app also lets you find your iPhone when it's much farther away too, as it uses GPS. It has three options and the first is to send it a message and play a sound. The second is to lock the phone. And the third, which is very useful if you think the phone has been stolen or lost for good, is to remotely wipe all data, so the whoever has it can't access any of your personal information.


This app is free and required iOS5 and you can use it on other iOS devices or from a computer. It's an essential rather than a luxury as I have just proved to myself.


Click here to go to the apple site to find out more: Find My iPhone





No comments:

Post a Comment